Décor & Gardening
Home décor and DIY hacks
We recommend asking the professionals. Here are a few titbits of advice from DIY Depot on quick and easy DIY fixes and tricks, but if you have a particular project in mind, you should pop in store or ring them up to ask them for any guidance. Details: 011-479-3300
- Give bookcases more depth and visual appeal by painting the backing a different colour to the shelves and sides.
- Hold your nails in place with a hair pin or paper clip to avoid hitting your fingers with the hammer.
- Rub candle wax along the blade of your saw for smoother sawing and to avoid it getting stuck.
- You can paint over upholstery to give your furniture a new, refreshed look.
- If you don’t want to tile your kitchen backsplash, you can use sheets of stainless steel instead to give it a modern and hygienic look and feel.
- A fun and interesting way to add some character to a room is to use wallpaper on doors instead of walls.
- Make your bathroom feel instantly more luxurious by simply upgrading your faucets, adding a pot plant and getting new towels.