Veronica’s quick tips for traveling to Tanzania
“Tanzanians are the friendliest people you will meet. We love visitors so be ready to learn a word or two of Swahili and make sure you get a T-shirt with few Swahili lessons.!
- Get your yellow fever vaccination
- Ensure you have Malaria preventative dose to use while there
- Mosquito repellent is a must. They really itch!
- Make sure you drink a lot of water (bottled) throughout the day
- Get a taste of Konyagi: Our own homemade brew. It’s excellent!
- There are many points of interest in Tanzania. The Majestic Kilimanjaro, White beaches of Zanzibar, Ngorogoro Crater, Various National Parks, Cultural tours. If you are in Moshi, make sure you spend few days at Weruweru River Lodge. You can take a walk to Coffee plantations and learn a bit about the Chaggas and history of Coffee. Also there are Cycle tours of up to 350kms if you are up for it. If you are not up to climbing the mountain due to time constrains, take a Scenic Flight around the mountain (ask at the Lodge, they will organise a flight for you!)
- There is so much history in Tanzania. From the slave trade sites in Zanzibar, Human fossils in Olduvai Gorge etc.
- Food to taste – fish in coconut milk with rice/Pilau (spiced rice NOT like Bryiani)/ Chisa nyama with roasted bananas/Kiti moto (braai pork very yummy).
- Night life is vibby in Dar es Salaam.
Get It Joburg North Dec 17/ Jan 18Festive & Fabulous
Get It Joburg North Campus September 2016
Travel in Lipault style!