Panko coated poppers
150g cream cheese
5ml fresh ginger, finely grated
15ml fresh coriander, chopped
8 – 10 Peppadew® whole Jalapeños
100g cake flour
2 eggs, beaten
150g fresh white breadcrumbs
oil, for frying
Sweet chilli sauce
cucumber ribbon salad with sesame seeds
- Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, ginger and coriander into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Stuff the whole Jalapeños with the filling mixture.
- Place the flour onto a plate, the beaten eggs into a bowl and the panko crumbs into a separate bowl.
- Dip each Jalapeño popper into the flour and shake off any excess. Then dip into the egg to cover and finally into the panko crumbs.
- Repeat with all of the poppers and chill for 30 minutes. Heat the oil in a pot or deep fat fryer. Once the oil is hot, fry the poppers, in batches, for 2-4 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Drain the poppers on paper towel and serve with a selection of sauces and a cucumber and sesame seed salad if desired.