Grilled king salmon with lentil salad
1 pieces large filet Copper River King Salmon whole or cut into individual .
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil divided
For the lentil salad
1 cup green lentils
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 slices zucchini cut into 3 thick
1 avocado halved
1/4 cup green onion diced
For the dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Salt and black pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add the lentils to the stock and 1 cup of water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes, Drain and cool.
- In a blender mix the red wine vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the olive oil until well mixed. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to a high heat.
- Lightly season the salmon with some salt and black pepper and rub each side of it with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Place the peppers, sliced zucchini and avocado on large plate.
- Drizzle the veggies with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon carefully onto the hot grill skin side up and let it sear for about 8 minutes. Using 1 or 2 large spatulas flip the salmon over and repeat.
- While the salmon is cooking, place the veggies on the grill and cook until they get a good dark char on them.
- Transfer the veggies to a plate and take the salmon off the grill. Let it rest covered with some foil.
- Add the cooled lentils to a large bowl.
- Scrape any loose burned pieces of skin from the peppers and chop into small pieces.
- Add to the lentils along with the chopped grilled zucchini and green onion.
- Add half of the dressing and taste. Add more salt, pepper and dressing if desired.
- Toss well and serve along with the salmon and grilled avocado.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.foodnessgracious.com