Décor & Gardening
Summer spruce up
Summer is a time of entertaining at home with a house full of happy guests. Which means now is the best time to give it a quick refresh before the holiday invasion. Here are a few tidbits of advice from Gumtree on quick and easy tricks, but if you have a particular project in mind, you should pop in store or ring them up to ask them for any guidance. Details: www.gumtree.co.za
- Sofas & chairs. The easiest win is to do a sofa swap. Sell the grimy cream favourite and go with something brighter and comfier. If possible, check out the purchase in person as photos can be deceptive. If you’re buying a big item like a sofa then remember to factor in any delivery costs that might be incurred.
- Pot plants. Inside and out, some bold pot plants can really switch things up. They’re available new or second-hand on Gumtree all over the country and, provided they’re in good condition, used pots will settle immediately into the look of your garden while brand new ones might stick out.
- Kitchen clear out. Many kitchens have too many gadgets. If your old appliances are working well, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how much you can get for your unwanted items, and then you can use the cash to buy that one signature item you’ve long desired.
- Garden Furniture. Summer is about outdoor entertaining and there are some wonderful new products which are durable, stylish and comfortable. Sell the old stuff online first and then upgrade with one of the 2,441 options on Gumtree.
- Colour your world. A lick of paint works wonders. Gumtree has 3,174 painters listed across the country who will do a professional, clean job in transforming one room or an entire house.